Starting a career as a nail technician in the UK can be exciting, but it can also be overwhelming when it comes to figuring out what equipment and supplies you need. As a beginner, it can be difficult to know where to start and what is essential for your success. In this post, we will go over the basics of what beginner nail techs need to get started in the UK.
- Table or station: A dedicated workspace is essential for any nail technician. Look for a table or station that has a comfortable height and ample storage space for your tools and supplies.
- Electric file: An electric file is an important tool for shaping and smoothing nails. Look for a file that is easy to handle and has adjustable speeds.
- Nail clippers and scissors: Quality clippers and scissors are essential for trimming and shaping nails.
- Buffer and files: A variety of buffers and files are needed for shaping and smoothing nails.
- Lamps and UV gel polish: If you plan on doing gel polish, you will need a UV lamp and gel polish.
- Polish and top coat: A variety of nail polishes and top coats are needed for manicures and pedicures.
- Nail drill: A nail drill can be useful for removing gel polish or sculpting nails.
- Acetone and remover: Acetone and remover are needed for removing old polish and preparing nails.
- Cuticle oil: Cuticle oil is important for nourishing and protecting the cuticles.
- Hand and foot spa: A hand and foot spa can be a nice addition for providing additional services to clients.
- Towels and wipes: Towels and wipes are needed for cleaning up and wiping down nails.
- Nail forms: Nail forms are needed for sculpting acrylic or gel nails.
- Nail tips: Nail tips can be used for sculpting acrylic or gel nails.
- Brushes: A variety of brushes are needed for applying polish and gel.
License and Education
- Education: There are many schools and training programs available for beginner nail technicians in the UK. Look for a program that is accredited and offers hands-on training. Some of the best online nail technician schools in the UK are Online Courses Learning.
In conclusion, becoming a nail technician in the UK takes a lot of hard work and dedication, but with the right equipment and supplies, you can start your career off on the right foot. Remember to always stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques and to continue your education throughout your career.