A full set of nails is a popular service offered by most nail salons and can include a variety of different nail enhancements such as acrylics, gels, or sculpted nails. In this post, we will go over what you can expect when getting a full set of nails.
Before starting the process of applying a full set of nails, your nail technician will prepare your nails by:
- Cleaning your nails: Your nails will be cleaned with a nail brush and nail polish remover to remove any traces of old polish.
- Shaping your nails: Your nails will be trimmed and filed to the desired shape and length.
- Pushing back cuticles: Your cuticles will be pushed back and trimmed to create a clean canvas for the nails enhancements.
The type of nails enhancement you choose will determine the application process.
- Acrylic nails: A mixture of liquid and powder acrylic is applied to the nails and sculpted into the desired shape.
- Gel nails: Gel is applied to the nails and cured under a UV light.
- Sculpted nails: A sculpting form is applied to the nails and sculpted into the desired shape.
After the nails enhancements have been applied, your nails will be shaped and buffed to a high shine.
- Polish: A base coat, color coat, and top coat will be applied to your nails.
A full set of nails typically lasts 2-3 weeks before needing a fill-in. During this time, it is important to:
- Keep your nails dry: Avoid getting your nails wet for at least 24 hours after the service.
- Avoid certain activities: Avoid activities that may damage your nails such as using harsh chemicals or excessive hand washing.
- Regular Maintenance: Visit your nail technician regularly for fill-ins and touch-ups.
It is important to note that the process of a full set of nails can vary depending on the salon and technician you choose. To find a reputable salon near you, you can check sites like Treatwell and Booksy which have a list of salons and reviews.
Always make sure to communicate with your nail technician and let them know your preferences and any allergies or sensitivities you may have. Your technician will be able to advise you on the best options for your nails.